“Playful Faery on a Soft Spring Day” photo Skip Staheli
Ok, you guys have some ‘splaining to do.. Out of curiosity, yesterday I blogged something I wouldn’t normally. Nawty Cao! –.– Heck, a ton of it was just to see if I could get a laugh out of anyone, but a part, the thinking part, wanted to do a little market research.. Forty more hits than usual. You all have something to tell me?
“Starry Night for the Seaman’s Wife” photo Magissa Denver
One of my FB/SL friends made the comment she was at a crossroads deciding if she would quit modeling or hang in there a little longer. Second Life modeling is a very tough “occupation,” a total flight of fancy for the most part. There are so many models and so little work available. You would think me of all people, the hopeless optimist, would tell her to hang in there. But to be an honest friend, I could not do so. First because no one knows whether it will get better or if the doors will continue to, in her words, “slam in her face and the people choose to toss her in the trash.” I thought on it a few days and this is what I say for what its worth. Probably not worth much. First the obvious, models in SL do not “get rich.” That said, your desire to model must be driven by some other inner need in you. Mine was/is to create art. I love fashion, I have a silly little blog so I take pics and write. I, myself had a lot of doors shut in my face but I chose to ignore this and create my name, the face of my brand, on my own. It can be done, to this day I am more Internet model than inworld.
“Dare to Dance the Tides” by Magissa Denver
So if you find something about SL modeling that you enjoy, perfect it. With this perfection, you WILL be noticed. If you are not noticed how you wish to be, at least you participated to your own enjoyment, not at the whim of someone else. I want to leave you with this. Why these particular photos? Most older models, but perhaps few of the new set of models, know I was in the Angel of Angel Dessous contest two years in a row. I put a lot of my heart into the contest because I love the design line. But most of all, every month I had the chance to create a new piece of art for my portfolio. link to AD flickr set: I suppose from one point of view, two years in a row “the door was slammed in my face,” but I’d be a liar to say that. Because what I earned was so much more. I earned two grand heart friends in Nando Korobase and Gina Beaumont, the designers of Angel Dessous. I earned a plush, robust, art filled portfolio, pictures I am singularly proud of. The fantasy pic’s I am even considering using in a childrens book. So, my dear friend, you do have a choice to make. You need to look into your heart and decide what motivates you, because this decision, no matter how much friends will “guide” you, needs to come from within. Taxi to Angel Dessous:
“Needful Things” by Magissa Denver
As an aside, Angel Dessous has turned their calendar over to a new Angel of Angel Dessous contest. I hope you will give it a try!
Angel of Angel Dessous™ Fashion Photo Contest 2013
* each participant of the Angel Dessous Fashion Photo Contest has to be a member of the Angel Dessous in Second Life inworld group
* to set up your pic you must be a member of the Angel of Angel Dessous Fashion Photo Contest Group at flickr (www.flickr.com/groups/angelofthemonth/ )
* each participant can upload one pic each month
* all contest pics must be uploaded at this flickr group
* the pic must be in 1024 x 1024 or 2048 x 2048
* the pic can be shot by yourself or somebody else, take care that you are the owner of all rights
of this pic
* the primarily design you show at the pic has to be a Angel Dessous Design,
its allowed to wear fashion and accessoriess of other designers as stylistic elements.
* you give us the right to show, promote or advertise placed pics public at the Angel Dessous Mainstore , Angel Dessous Website (angeldessous.wordpress.com/ ) and / or SL Magazins
* winners will be chosen by a panel of judges to be announced
* each month we place the 5 best fashion art shots of all submitted shots
* the first placed shot will be shown next month at a prominent double page at BeStyle Magazin
includet with a modell resumee of the current winner.
* all 5 placed shots will gain a 1000 L$ Angel Dessous Store Card
* the pics will be exhibited at the Angel Dessous Mainstore and diverse SL fashion blogs
* also the winner will be the model at the next advertisement pic of Angel Dessous,
excl. shot by one of Seconde Lifes best photographers.
* the * Angel of Angel Dessous 2014 * ( elected in December 2013 ) will be shown at a outstanding 6 double page fashion spread at BeStyle Magazine, shooting of this Photo Story will also be done by one of the best SL Fashion Photographers
…. and the winner will also be shown at this BeStyle Magazin cover page
* the winner will represent Angel Dessous in 2014 at advertisements, shows and events
* there will be also additional prizes for Winner, 1st and 2nd runner up of the final contest
provided by Angel Dessous and friendly sponsors
* the Angel Dessous Fashion Photo Contest 2013 will run from January to November 2013.
In December 2013 we will elect the Winner of 2013 , the Angel of Angel Dessous 2014,
chosen of the 11 monthly winners in 2013
* each monthly contest will start at the 10th and end at the last day of this month
* the monthly placements will be elect at the first days of the following month
6 thoughts on “Fairies.and.other.Flights.of.Fancy.”
So inspirational and true ❤
thank you so much! ❤
Beautiful shots and a wonderfully insiteful statement.
thank you Benjamin! I hope you are well today! 🙂
wow beautiful fashion and scencery !!!! would like to be a male model cause my gf says i’m a clothes whore too plus I love clothes lol
You should! SL is always short on male models. Some women have male alts just to fill the need. Thank you for your kind wordness! :*